Head of Infrastructure and DevOps - Bristol / Hybrid work
- £80000 - £100000 per annum + Bonus, Share Options
Director of Infrastructure and DevOps - Azure, AWS, CI/CD, InfoSec
Bristol based VC funded SaaS
Hybrid, flexible work
Need to be able to get basic Security Clearance
Salary £80,000-£100,000 + bonus + share options
We are supporting one of our Bristol based, fast scaling SaaS customers, who's purpose and product, in the Tech for Good space, are making a positive impact and improvement in wider society in helping them this new position of Director of Infrastructure and DevOps.
As Director of Infrastructure and Infosec you will be one of three senior tech leaders across the business (Application, Infrastructure, R&D), working in collaboration and reporting to the CTO all jointly responsible for leading the technical strategy of the business as it looks to triple in size over the next 3 years.
You will be responsible for working closely with the Customer Support leaders to ensure that the implementation of platform infrastructure is aligned with the growth strategy and business plans.
Responsible for the delivery through leadership, oversight of financial performance and risk management related to all platform environments. As the business continues to scale, the role is responsible for the implementation of a multi-tenant strategy and defining and delivering a forward-looking program to sustain or sunset the existing customer environments.
With the ever-growing importance of DevOps across the business, this role will lead the creation and leadership of a DEVOPS team with primary responsibility to improve the release pipelines and transition the organisation to a position where CI/CD is readily achievable.
The role requires someone who is self-sufficient, requiring minimal direct supervision and can lead a team in to support the technology strategy and company goals.
Furthermore, you must be adaptable to changing requirements and to select the best opportunities that perfectly balance both the technical and commercial requirements of the business.
- Partner with the CTO and other Technical Directors to define, communicate and deliver the Technology Strategy
- Assess the current deployment process to identify bottlenecks and implement solutions towards a continuous deployment and continuous integration (CI/CD). Evangelize, implement, and manage a robust DevOps function.
- Implement and manage processes and controls that assure maximum uptime
- Deliver on key information security and IT risk related initiatives. Furthermore, ensure compliance to patching and vulnerability policies established within the organisation.
- Develop and implement a robust Disaster Recovery strategy for critical systems and infrastructure.
- Assess single points of failure in infrastructure and recommend actions as appropriate.
- Oversee the monitoring, maintenance, upgrade and administration of all IT systems, to include applications, servers, storage, databases, desktops/laptops, and mobile devices.
- Negotiate and manage contracts with key service providers to ensure service levels are met. Furthermore, negotiate and manage enterprise contracts, specifically, AWS and Microsoft
- Own and manage the software support escalations from the customer support teams
- At least 2 years proven capability in a similar role or at least 5 years architect experience
- Ability to operate both strategically and tactically in a fast paced changing environment
- Communication skills that foster clarity of vision and trust at all levels within the business
- Comfortable managing debate and an eagerness to challenge the status quo
- Experience developing scalable, high performing high availability backend and frontend applications ideally using cloud native technologies
- Current thinking, knowledge and experience of development standards, methodologies, and industry trends and innovations.
If you want to learn more about this role and our customer and be part of an exciting growth journey over the coming years, with both UK and International potential please get in contact with Henry at ISL for a confidential discussion.
ISL (Incite Solutions Ltd) is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
- £40000 - £50000 per annum + plus benefits
- £20000 - £25000 per annum + fantastic culture and benefits
- £30000 - £55000 per annum + Fully remote + Benefits