Business Development Manager - B2B SaaS
Realistic OTE of £80-100k
Fully Remote - We embrace a "remote-first" ethos, enabling our team to collaborate from every corner of the world.
Who are we?
At StudentCrowd we are dedicated to supporting higher education students with their decision making through every step of their journey. Over 1.7 million students use StudentCrowd each year. Our users are drawn to the platform to read verified reviews written by current students and replied to by universities and accommodation providers. Reviews have become a critical component of student decision-making.
According to a UCAS survey - 77% of students see peer reviews as an important part of their higher education decision-making framework (making peer reviews the #3 most important resource). StudentCrowd offers a range of products and services including profile content enhancements, customer review integration, and targeted display advertising. Behind the platform sits our comprehensive sector data which is maintained and updated weekly and is used by a multitude of different service providers to set strategic goals.
Our track record speaks for itself, as we have forged successful partnerships with leading universities and top tier student accommodation providers throughout the UK.
After raising £2.5M new investment in September 2023, we have the resources to expand our products for students and B2B providers. Your contributions matter significantly, you won't be just a small cog in a big machine; your ideas and efforts can shape the company's direction and success.
We're looking for enthusiastic, mission-driven people who fit our values and are passionate about what we do.
What will you be doing day to day?
• Identify potential clients and key decision-makers within a targeted sector.
• Prepare proposals, present compelling pitches to potential clients and manage negotiations to close.
• Develop and implement targeted business development strategies.
• Showcase our product during events, maintaining a high level of professionalism with the goal of cultivating new business opportunities and expanding our network of contacts.
• Optimise the sales processes to increase efficiency in closing across a variety of types of leads.
• Develop outbound leads and handling any objections.
• Adopt a consultative selling approach and be comfortable selling to C-level executives.
• Staying up to date with industry trends, product knowledge, and competitor activities.
• Bachelor's degree.
• You come equipped with valuable prior experience in solutions-based selling (B2B).
• Proven experience in a business development role within a Tech or SaaS
• Strategic thinking is second nature to you.
• Exceptional communication and relationship-building skills.
• Flexibility to travel nationally.
• Experienced at negotiating conflict and problem-solving to achieve win-win outcomes at executive levels.
• Proven track record of meeting or exceeding sales targets.
• Experience with CRM solutions (we use Hubspot) and a range of other sales
• It would be a bonus if you had knowledge of the higher education sector.
• Competitive salary of between £40-50k - dependent on skills and experience.
• Unlimited holiday – we believe in taking time with family and friends.
•Attractive commission structure (OTE £80-100K).
• A fully remote working arrangement - anywhere you feel comfortable and productive.
• Social events with the team.
•Growth and professional development opportunities.
- £35,000 - £45,000