Director of Operations
Hybrid - Bristol HQ
£90,000 - £120,000 per year dependent on experience
Who are we?
We are a multi-award-winning consultancy for social care and on a mission to revolutionise the elderly care home and retirement living sectors. With a sizeable 7 figure ARR under our belt, we’ve got the ambition to further expand our horizons and start to incorporate new technology to improve our services. We strive to continue to have a high-growth story and prioritise innovation.
Our mission is simple: Providing invaluable insights and pioneering solutions that drive change.
At our core, we are the leading experts in the health and social care market. We reach out to over 1,000 health and social care services annually, and we proudly represent 85% of the top 20 care home group operators and 80% of the top 10 retirement living operators.
Our unique blend of sector-specific expertise, unmatched data quality, and a steadfast commitment to innovation sets us apart. We foster original thinking, encourage innovation, and support personal development for all team members.
We are looking for an innovative Operations Director leader with a strategic mindset to join our senior leadership team. You will be an individual that possesses strong problem-solving abilities, enabling the resolution of complex issues and challenges.
It is key you are somebody who shows a willingness to stay current with industry trends, emerging technologies, and best practices in decision-making and adapts to evolving business environments and contributes to the improvement of existing processes.
What will be my day to day?
- Leveraging data insights to influence and steer company decision-making.
- Develop a strong understanding of the markets we operate in.
- Nurture relationships with our crucial clients, as well as internal and external stakeholders.
- Formulate and deliver our current product development roadmap. Revolutionise and advance our existing array of products and services to generate revenue and utilise technology to meet the ever-evolving market requirements.
- Put into operation processes for quality assurance to ensure the highest benchmarks in service delivery and product performance.
- Optimise operational processes to enhance competitive advantage, elevate organisational efficiency, and maximise productivity to its full potential.
- Establish streamlined procedures, protocols, and policies with an emphasis on optimising outcomes.
- Monitor product performance and market trends to identify opportunities for growth and enhancement.
- Champion a customer-centric approach throughout the organisation and implement and improve customer service processes/
- Manage the recruitment, onboarding, and continual development of a team.
- Optimise our assets, workforce, and technological capabilities to boost project requirements and foster company expansion.
Why join Carterwood as our Director of Operations?
Accountability and Leadership: In this role, you'll have the opportunity to lead, manage, and be accountable for various aspects of the business, from operations to customer service and technology. This is your chance to make a real impact.
Innovation and Technology: At Carterwood, we embrace cutting-edge technology. Your strong tech knowledge will be put to good use as we continue to revolutionise our services and products.
Rewards and Benefits: We value our team and offer competitive salaries with annual pay reviews, a bonus scheme tied to company success, the opportunity to participate in our EMI scheme and an extensive benefits package that includes flexible working, a health cash plan, and opportunities for professional development.
Key role in achieving our 10x growth ambitions: Your contribution will be pivotal in making the big decisions that drive our business towards achieving our ambitious goal of 10x growth. Your impact will be significant, and you'll be at the forefront of our exciting journey.
Purpose-Driven Work: Carterwood's core purpose is to think disruptively to supercharge decision-making in the elderly care home and retirement living sectors. Your work here will make a meaningful difference in the lives of seniors and their families.
Work somewhere that genuinely lives its values: We take our values seriously, and we are committed to creating a workplace where everyone's voice matters.
What are we looking for?
- Proven experience in B2B consultancy and SaaS product delivery.
- Demonstrates the ability to make informed decisions swiftly, without an excessive need for exhaustive information or analysis.
- Utilises a systematic and analytical approach to address problems efficiently.
- Exercises sound judgment and critical thinking in a variety of situations.
- Displays versatility in addressing risks and uncertainties across different business areas and scenarios.
- Is proactive in rolling up sleeves and actively participating in the implementation of decisions and risk management processes.
- Demonstrated leadership experience and growing a team.
- The ability to drive projects from inception to completion, ensuring timely and successful execution.
- Strong strategic thinking and problem-solving skills.
- A willingness to challenge the status quo, engage in constructive debate, and drive positive change.
- An individual who can express their thoughts, question ideas, and participate in constructive discussions.
- Experience working in a services environment, not just SaaS – you will bring a blend of professional experience.
Carterwood implements the Entrepreneurial Operating System (EOS) as the framework for managing our business. This system facilitates various aspects within the organisation, including how individuals come together, address challenges, establish priorities, foster communication, assess performance, organise the company's structure, define roles, and oversee leadership and management. It would be advantageous if you have experience working with EOS.