Social Media Executive - Student Marketing
Fully Remote - We embrace a "remote-first" ethos, enabling our team to collaborate from every corner of the world.
Who are we?
At StudentCrowd we are dedicated to supporting higher education students with their decision making through every step of their journey. Over 1.7 million students use StudentCrowd each year. Our users are drawn to the platform to read verified reviews written by current students and replied to by universities and accommodation providers. Reviews have become a critical component of student decision-making.
According to a UCAS survey - 77% of students see peer reviews as an important part of their higher education decision-making framework (making peer reviews the #3 most important resource). StudentCrowd offers a range of products and services including profile content enhancements, customer review integration, and targeted display advertising. Behind the platform sits our comprehensive sector data which is maintained and updated weekly and is used by a multitude of different service providers to set strategic goals.
Our track record speaks for itself, as we have forged successful partnerships with leading universities and top tier student accommodation providers throughout the UK.
After raising £2.5M new investment in September 2023, we have the resources to expand our products for students and B2B providers. Your contributions matter significantly, you won't be just a small cog in a big machine; your ideas and efforts can shape the company's direction and success.
A key legacy of this role is to grow an engaging social media presence for StudentCrowd, providing useful content to students while building StudentCrowd’s brand in the global student community. A successful applicant will significantly increase the volume of traffic and engagement on our channels, in a way that aligns with wider business goals and objectives. StudentCrowd is embarking on a period of rapid growth and it is anticipated that this role will grow with the business.
What will you be doing day to day?
● Driving forward StudentCrowd’s Social Media Strategy to boost brand visibility and engagement.
● Meeting KPIs for site and social media channel engagement in line with the overall student marketing strategy and delivery plan.
● Leading and developing engaging content and campaigns across all of our key social channels including TikTok, Instagram, Facebook, X, and YouTube, as well as activity on key student-focused forums.
● Stay abreast of industry trends and best practices in social media marketing, and use this knowledge to support your plans.
● Manage social media advertising campaigns, including audience segmentation, ad copy creation, and performance optimization based on key metrics.
●Interact with other teams across the business in aligning your efforts to more specific business goals, and supporting other teams efforts where necessary.
What sort of person are we looking for?
● A passionate, deep and hands-on knowledge of social media, including understanding of emerging platforms and trends and best practice in campaign management.
● Knowledge of social media analytics tools.
● Experience in managing social media advertising campaigns, including budget allocation and audience targeting.
● Strong creative thinking skills, and the ability to conceive innovative ideas for social media content and campaigns, harnessing live conversations and current events where appropriate.
● Experience of engaging and managing influencers.
● Experience marketing to Gen Z.
•A salary of between £25-£30K - dependent on skills and experience.
• Unlimited holiday – a minimum of 25 days plus BH annually.
• A fully remote working arrangement - anywhere you feel comfortable and productive.
• Social events with the team.
- £35,000 - £45,000
- £35,000 - £42,000